Our Green Coffee Bean Extract is Standardized to contain 50% Chlorogenic Acid.
- Several studies have shown that caffeine can boost metabolism by up to 3-11%. However, the main active ingredient is believed to be the chlorogenic acid.
- Some human studies suggest that it can reduce the absorption of carbohydrates from the digestive tract, which lowers blood sugar and insulin spikes.
- Chlorogenic acid has been shown to drastically improve cholesterol and triglyceride levels in rats.
- In a randomized controlled human trial of 30 overweight individuals, over a 12 week period, there were two groups: One consumed regular instant coffee, while the other consumed instant coffee enhanced with 200mg of green coffee bean extract. The group taking the instant coffee with green coffee bean extract lost 11.9 lbs. while the group taking plain instant coffee lost only 3.7 lbs. Body fat percentage also went down by 3.6% in the green coffee group, compared to 0.7% in the other group.
- Doses of between 140mg-720mg per day have been shown to lower blood pressure in both rats and humans with high blood pressure.