- Since 1975, SAM-e (S-adenosylmethinone) has been widely used in various European Countries where it is prescribed to treat depression and arthritis. In the U.S., it has been available as a supplement since 1999.
- SAM-e occurs naturally and the molecule can be found in every living cell in the body.
SAM-e is prescribed to treat depression and arthritis in Europe.
- SAM-e benefits:
- In a landmark study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, the addition of SAM-e produced compelling results in people taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), the majority of whom do not experience relief when taking the drug alone.
- In clinical trials SAM-e has been shown to be at least as effective as prescription antidepressants, but with far fewer side effects.
- Because of its strong safety record, SAM-e should be part of any regimen of brain health, particularly when depressive symptoms are present, and when prescription drugs alone don't work.
- SAM-e has also been shown to confer enormous benefits to the brain, liver, and joint halting and even reversing various degenerative conditions, from osteoarthritis and neuro-degeneration to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.